My mom made this unique dry vegetable today , which is made from Matar ke chilke ( Peels of Pea Pods) which we usually throw off , its easy and tasty but a little time consuming
I am sure after tasting this sabji you will never throw away the pea pods again. It can be served i as a side dish with Dal and Chapati.
- 1 cup Matar Ke Chhilke (peel of pea pods) chopped small
- 1 cup boiled potato peeled and cubed in small size
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp amchoor powder
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Peel the pea pods and separate the two halves of each pod.Now fold and press each half of the pea pod in such a way that outer fleshy side of the pod remains outside .
- Remove the inner tough membrane of pod, by sliding it down slowly along the length of the pod from inside.Separate all the peels and then chop them in small pieces. Keep them aside for later use.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add asafetida and cumin seeds. Add now chopped peels of pea pods.Let it cook for few minutes on a medium flame ,. Now add cubed potatoes to this and mix
- Mix in turmeric powder, red chili powder, chopped green chilies and salt.
- Cook covered on low heat till vegetable is just tender. Mix in amchoor powder and garam masala powder.
- Remove and serve hot with Chapati.