Pulao's are comfort food that can be made in minutes and are delicious even . Carrot and pea are generally a delicious combo and by making puloa with this combo makes it more delicious and colorful too. This combo of veggie pulao needs can be made in jiffy . You can have it with any curry , curd or pickle of your choice.It's simple to make easy and healthy!!
- 1 cup Basmati rice.
- 2 carrots medium sized chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp oil/ butter/ghee
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups water
- Wash and soak the rice in plenty of water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan for 30 secs , add cloves, cumin seeds , bay leaf and cinnamon powder . Let it simmer for 20 secs.
- Add carrots and peas and cook for a minute on a medium flame.Add turmeric powder and salt to this and mix it well.
- Add soaked rice, 2 cups of water , bring it to boil and cook, covered on a low heat till rice is cooked.
- Serve hot with curd , pickle or curry of your choice.