Now with the start of winters I always feel like having Pratha in morning but somehow with lack of time it’s usually on weekends .Mooli Pratha was something which was always made in our house like in many Punjabi homes. Mooli paratha.
I was not so much into cooking before marriage but now I can cook various Pratha’s like Ghiya Pratha / Bottle Gourd Pratha ,Methi Paratha and all kind of Prathas
While making Mooli Pratha make sure you grate it and squeeze the juice from the grated mooli. otherwise the parathas might break. Mooli juice can be used knead the dough for making parathas.
For making the dough
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp Ajwain / carrom / Bishops weed A pinch
- Water to knead the dough
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil
For the stuffing
- 2 big mooli / radish grated
- 2 Green chillies thinly chopped
- ½ cup Fresh cilantro thinly chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to cook
- Make the whole wheat dough and keep it aside.
- Grate the mooli/radish and keep aside for 10- 15 minutes. Squeeze the water from it. this is done so that the mooli parathas do not break while rolling the dough. this radish juice can be used to make the dough instead of water.
- To this grated Radish add Fresh Cilantro , salt and green chilli , mix it well.
- Divide the kneaded dough into portions.Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle.
- Place one portion of the prepared filling in the center of the dough circle.Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.Roll out again into a circle with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle), using a little ghee until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas.
- Serve hot with curd or tomato ketchup , curd or Pickle of your choice