This side dish is routinely made in our house , its healthy tasty and doesen't take much time to cook , I wanted to share with you all this recipe as it makes wonderful side dish and when you are in for a quick side dish for dinner/ lunch. . It goes well with rice and any lentils / dals. Hope you like the recipe .
- 1 small bunch of Methi/ Fenugreek leaves , washed cleaned and chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 Oinion chooped
- 1/4 cup Moong dhal / split and husked Green gram, washed and parboiled
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ¼ th tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp haldi / Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Hing / asafotedia
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- In a pan heat oil , add mustard and cumin seeds , let it splutter.Add chopped Oinions to this and let it cook for few minutes till Onion becomes tender
- Add the green chilies and ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the carrots, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, and mix everything well. Sprinkle some water and cook closed under very low flame for 10- 12 minutes until the carrots are cooked.
- Once the carrots are cooked , add the methi leaves, cooked moong dhal, and hing and mix everything well.
- Let it sit under low flame for 5 more minutes until the lMethi leaves are cooked.
- Enjoy it with Chapatis