I happened to read about this Ginger candy in a facebook group ,I saved it to try it later and finally I tried it today and its just amazing .I like ginger and happen to add it loads of curry I make even in my tea. oh I just love Ginger tea :).Well about the recipe its pretty simple and just needs 3 ingredients and Ginger by the way is healthy is so many ways so its like a must try for you all too.
- 1 cup Ginger root
- 1 Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of water
- Peel and the Ginger root and thinly slice it or grate it . ( I grated it)
- Cover it with water and boil it for 10- 15 minutes , strain the water ( this can be used to make Ginger tea). Repeat this process.
- Now in a heavy bottomed pan add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup water and let the sugar dissolve.
- To this add the boiled ginger and salt and let it thicken up , this might take up to 20 -25 minutes . Let it simmer on a low flame.
- Once done transfer it to a plate and let it dry.
- Ginger candy is ready. Store it in a air tight jar.