Stir Fry Karela sabzi is a simple yet delectable recipe which requires less effort and is less time consuming. Its easy and requires very few ingredients. It's one of the most nutritious vegetable too.
- 250 gms tender karela/bitter gourd
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder/saunf powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- ½ or 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required.
- Wash the karela in water first, slice the it into thin round pieces. Add some salt to this and keep it aside for 3-4 hours ( This helps in reducing the bitterness of Karela )
- After that wash it.Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.Add the karela slices and saute on a low or medium flame till the slices become lightly browned. takes about 8-10 minutes. stir in between.
- Now add all the dry spice powders but no salt .As we had already added it in the step 1.
- Stir and saute for 5-6 mins more on a low flame.
- Add the besan and saute for some minutes till the rawness of the besan or gram flour goes away. takes about 4-5 minutes more.
- Enjoy it with Chapatis.