Today i learned a very tasty mix vegetable form my motherinlaw and wanted to share with all of you . It comprises of borad/flat beans ( saem as we call in hindi ) , potato , tomato and brinjal .It tastes amazing and it a must try :)
- 10-12 flat beans , chopped
- 1 medium size potato
- 3-4 medium size Brinjal chopped
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro / coriander
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds / methi dana
- 5-6 cloves of garlic washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard oil / or any other cooking oil
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt as per tatste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash and chop all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom wok / kadhai , add mustard oil and let it get warm .Add methi dana / fenugreek seeds .
- Now add garlic cloves to this and let it simmer.
- Add all the dry spices and let it simmer for few seconds.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to this mixture along with chopped cilantro and mix it well.
- Add water to this , cook it and cover it .
- Keep on checking now and then till all vegetables are cooked well.
- Serve it hot with Chapatis