Rice Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron.It's a Classic!! and can be made for any festival or celebration or also as a sweet dessert which you can serve after meals. this is quick and easy recipe and does not demand much cooking skills. I made This Rice Kheer for Teej Festival :)
- 2 tbsp of Basmati Rice
- 1/4 tsp of Kesar
- 4 Green Cardamon/ Choti Elaichi
- 1/4 tsp of Ghee
- 1 1/2 liter Milk
- 4 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Chopped Almonds
- Wash and soak the rice in plenty of wer for 10 minutes . drain.Keep aside
- Pound cardamom and Saffron in fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat 1/4 tsp of Ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel , add soaked rice and cook for a minute
- Add milk and bring it to boil , reduce heat and cook till the mixture is reduced to 1/3 rd of the quantity.
- Add sugar and cook for 10 minutes and low the head.
- Add cardamom and saffron powder and turn of the heat .
- Cool and refrigerate the mixture. Serve chilled garnished with almonds.