My mom made this Melon seed barfi on Janmasthmi recently its healthy and amazing in taste and a must try.
- 1 cup Melon seeds
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Ghee/ Clarified butter
- Dry roast the Melon seeds in a pan. Grind it in a mixer and keep it aside.
- In a pan add 1/4th cup water and sugar on a low flame till sugar is mixed properly with water. you will know its done you would see bubbles in the syrup.
- Add the grinded melon seeds to this mixture and stir it properly. Once the mixture starts sticking to the pan , turn off the flame.
- Take a plate add 1/2 tsp of ghee on it and spread it properly. Equally spread the melon seed and sugar mixture on this plate let it cool for 10 minutes .
- Now cut it in square or any shape you desire.
- Melon seeds Sweet/ Barfi is ready to be savored.