This is everyday simple cabbage recipe , it goes well with Chapatis as well as rice .
- 1 small cabbage chopped
- 1 small sized onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
- 1-2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds/ Methi Dana
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan .Add Mustard seeds and Methi Dana let it splutter, add green chillies, curry leaves and ginger.
- Add Peas and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes, now add sliced onions and fry till light brown , Add salt and and other spices.
- Now add cabbage ,mix it well.
- Cover it and cook for 10 minutes.Keep on stirring it in between.
- Cook till Cabbage is cooked , serve it hot with chapatis.