I was just browsing through facebook where I saw a post "Quick & easy cutlets made with left over Rice ." at Chef at Large community and decided to give it a try , I did little modification to the recipe and Vegetable Cutlet was ready :) yum yum!!
- 2 medium sized aloo/potatoes chopped
- 2 carrots/gajar chopped
- 1 cup peas/matar
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- 2 bread slices
- ½ cup semolina/sooji
- salt as required
- oil for frying
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Salt as per requirement
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup left over Rice
1. Take the chopped potatoes, carrots and peas and boil it for 2, 3 whistle till veggies are cooked.
2. Drain them now mash them with a spoon or spatula. Make a coarse mixture of the veggies.
3. Take 2 slices of bread ( you can use either white or brown bread ). Soak them lightly in water. Now press them tightly and remove all the water. Add this to the mashed vegetables, left over rice ,Add the chopped onion, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, salt, garam masala , coriander leaves powder, red chilli powder , chat masala and salt. Mix everything well.
4. Make medium sized balls of the mixture and flatten each of them with the palm of your hands.
5. I shaped the veg cutlets and rolled them in roasted semolina. Shallow fry the cutlets in oil till crispy and golden brown on both sides.