I Love Palak and always in search of new recipes , last week I was at my neighbors house and we were just talking , she told me she has made Palak sabzi and I was quite curious as how is it , she being a south Indian make sabzis little different and its always tasty .when I tasted it I was like wow!! :) How you made this ...and following is the recipe, In this recipe Palak flavor is amazing with garlic and curry leaves.
- 500 gms of Palak , washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil for cooking
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 4 ..5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp of Bengal Gram /Chana
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 9..10 curry leaves
- 3/4th cup of boiled Milk
- Pour oil in a wok /Kadhai/Pan
- Add cumin seeds , mustard seeds, garlic, curry leaves and Chana Dal and let it simmer for 1 min
- Now add washed and coarsely chopped Spinach to this , mi it well .
- Add turmeric powder, salt , red chili powder and 1/4th cup of water and let it cook .
- Keep on stirring in between
- Once the Spinach is cooked add 3/4th cup of milk to it , mi well and let the milk dry.
- Spinach sabzi is ready
- Serve it hot with Chapattis or rice.