Toasted sandwiches with cottage cheese. Perfect for a light evening snack. The chilli paneer toast is a healthy, simple and quick to prepare sandwich recipe.
- 8 to 10 slices of wholewheat or brown bread or white bread
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 medium size onion, peeled
- chaat masala as required
- cumin powder as required
- butter or olive oil as required
for the paneer/cottage cheese stuffing:
- 200 gms paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or red chili flakes
- 1 green chili, chopped
- rock salt or black salt as required
preparing the paneer stuffing:
- crumble the paneer in a bowl.
- add all the fresh herbs, oregano, green chilies, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt.
- mix well.
preparing the sandwiches:
- slice all the veggies thinly.
- place the paneer mixture on the bread.
- sprinkle some chaat masala and jeera powder.
- place the two or three slices of each veggie on the paneer stuffing.
- sprinkle again some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder.
- place the other buttered slice on the top.
- either grill or toast the sandwich till crisp and browned from both sides.
- brush some oil or butter on the top of the sandwiches.
- serve paneer veg sandwich hot with tomato sauce.