It's been few months since I posted anything so today I thought let me post a very simple and tasty recipe of Yard long beans ( chavli ki phali ) and potato . Yard long beans are easily available in Indian market and these beans have a unique flavor of its own and yes its my favorite too :)
- 250 gms yard long beans
- 2 potatoes
- 1/4 tsp heeng ( asafotedia)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder ( Dhaniya Powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ( haldi powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp of dried mango powder ( amchoor )
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash the beans , string and chop it.
- Wash and potatoes , peel and boil it.
- In a wok add 2 table spoons of oil , let it heat. To this add cumin seeds and heeng.
- Now add beans and cubed potatoes to this along with salt and turmeric powder.Close it with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes on a medium flame , keep on stirring in between.
- Add chili powder , coriander powder, amchoor powder to this mixture.
- Let it cook for 12-14 minutes till the beans are tender.
- Mix it well and serve it with hot chapatis.