I tried baking other breads at home twice before this but it never came out good to post on the blog , I thought of trying once more and this time results were good .My banana bread is not only healthy tasty and sugar free but tastes good as well.The Dates and Banana which I added in the bread made it sweet hence I added no sugar to it.
- 2 cups of Wheat Flour
- 1 cups of mashed Banana
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of Eno ( Fruit salt)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder
- 7-8 chopped dates
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp of Vanilla essence
- Mash the banana and keep it aside.
- De seed the Dates , chop it and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl to this add Wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and vanilla essence.Mix it well.
- Add mashed Banana and Dates to this mixture, give it a stir.
- Finally add water and Eno to this mixture and mix it well.Your dough would rise a bit by addition of water and eno.
- The Dough will be a bit hard.Put this in a greased pan and sprinkle sesame seeds on it .bake it for 40-50 minutes till the crust of bread becomes golden brown.
- Insert a knife at the center and it should come clean.
- Let it cool completely and then cut it into slices.
Linking this recipe to Sweet Somethings