I never used to like Bottle Gourd eventually I acquired a taste for it and started having Ghiya sabzi with Onions and tomatoes and yes of course I like these Ghiya Parathas which I made recently these are not on healthy but flavorful as well.The following is the way my mom makes it.
- 2 cups of Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 cups of grated Ghiya/ Bottle Gourd
- 1 tsp of roasted Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped Cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic finely crushed
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- oil for cooking
- Take a bowl and grated ghiya , Wheat flour ,Yogurt, cumin seeds, green chili , garlic and salt, Knead it into a soft dough.You can add 1 tbsp of oil if the Kneaded dough is too sticky.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes
- Keep the pan/ girdle for heating in the mean time take a small ball of kneaded dough and roll it into a 6'' inch disc as shown in the figure above.
- Now once the pan is hot transfer this to the pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn it upside down , you will see small brown spots on it , add around 2-3 drops on the its surface and spread it on the whole disc.Cook it for about 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Turn it around again and apply oil on the other surface as well.
- When both sides are cooked evenly, take it off from the pan.
- Do the same procedure for the whole dough.
- Serve it hot with pickle and curd.