|Valentine's day table arrangement at home|
I made this baked Corn tomato soup yesterday along with pasta , kidney bean salad and chocolate cake.I will be posting other recipes soon.
Baked Tomato and corn soup is creamy and delicious the corn in the soup adds body to the soup so you don't have to add any cream to it .The combination of tomato and corn is just amazing.Give it a try I'm sure you won't have your tomato soup any other way after this :).
I made this soup yesterday along with pasta , kidney bean salad and chocolate cake.I will be posting other recipes soon.
- 7- 8 tomatoes
- 1 cup of corn
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Cilantro for garnishing
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- Cut the tomatoes into halves , drizzle a little oil on the baking plate and place the tomatoes on it with cut side on the top.
- Drizzle little oil and salt on it and bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes till tomatoes get little blackened.Take it out , let it cool down and then blend it into a puree.
- Take a cup of corn seeds ( you can either use frozen ones or the fresh ones and cut the corn kernels off the cob ) .blend it into a puree, add little water if required.
- In a pan add a tbsp of oil , once warm add the chopped garlic and let it simmer for about a minute.Now add both corn and tomato puree to this along with green chili , mix it well .
- Let it simmer on a low flame for about 15-20 minutes.Add water for desired consistency.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper .garnish it with Freshly chopped Cilantro , Serve it Hot.