Pumpkin is sweet in taste and is a main ingredient of Sambar, its quite popular in North India as well , low in fat and calories which makes it a very nutritious vegetable. I made this Kasiphal recipe with Tomato and Onion which was real delectable.
Wash all the vegetables, chop it into pieces and keep it aside.
In a pan add oil , once warm add cumin ,mustard seeds along with red chili, green chili , urad dal and few curry leaves.
Now add chopped Onion to the man and mix it well , add salt and cook till onions become translucent.
Now add Onion and tomatoes to this along with all spices and let it cook on a slow flame by covering it with a lid for about 8-10 minutes.
Kasiphal is ready, serve it hot with chapati and curd.
Recipe Details :-
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped Pumpkin
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 4- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 red chili chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tsp of urad dal
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- Take a pan , add oil to it , once warm add cumin and mustard seeds , let it splutter .Now add urad dal, red chili, green chili and few curry leaves , mix it well and let it cook for about 2 Min's
- Add chopped onion to the pan along with salt and let it cook till Onions become translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and pumpkin to this along with all spices and let it cook for about 8-10 Min's on a slow flame by covering it with a lid.
- once pumpkin are cooked , garnish it with freshly chopped coriander and serve it hot with chapatis and curd.