I'm very fond of Spinach and Methi and try and make different dishes out of it.Recently I made this Methi Pulao following instructions of my friend and it turned out to be very tasty.Following is the recipe for it.
In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil once warm add bay leaf , ginger garlic, cumin seeds and onion to the mixture along with salt , let it cook till onions become translucent.
Now add tomato to this along with chili and turmeric powder and let it cook till tomatoes become soggy.
Add methi leaves to this mixture and let it cook for about 7-8 minutes on a low flame.
Finally add cooked rice to this , mix well and serve it hot with curd.
Recipe Details :-
- 1 cup rice
- 1 bunch of methi leaves
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped / 1tbsp of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste of finely grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- Wash the rice in sufficient water and let it cook.Once cooked , keep it aside.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil , once warm add cumin seeds , bay leaf , 2-3 cloves , ginger , garlic saute it for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped Onions to this along with salt and let it cook till Onions become translucent.
- Add Tomato to this along with chili and turmeric powder and let it cook till tomatoes become soggy.for about 5-6 mins
- Add Fenugreek leaves to this , mix it well and let it cook for about 8-9 mins on a low flame, till all veggies are cooked.
- Now add cooked rice to this and mix lightly so that all veggies are mixed with rice properly.
- Check for salt.
- Serve it hot with curd.
sending this to Lets Cook-Rice event, hosted by Tcikling Palates.