I had a Canned box of Chickpeas at home but was lazy to make Chole ( That was the only thing I had tried making out of Chickpeas) .Although Chole is my favorite I wanted to try something new this time so thought of making a Chickpeas Raita which I had at a friends place.It is simple yet tasty and can be prepared in 5 minutes.
Recipe Details :-
- 1 1/2 cup of Boiled chickpeas
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 whole red pepper ( Indian red dry chili)
- 1/2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 3/4th cup of yogurt
- 2 tbsp of mint chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped cilantro
- salt as per taste
- Take a pan , add oil to it, once warm add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and finely chopped red whole pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl add boiled chickpeas ( You can either use the canned ones or take chickpeas and soak it over night ( 8-10 hrs ) and boil it ) and add this spice oil mixture to it.Mix well.
- Now add yogurt along with cilantro, mint leaves, lime juice and salt.Mix it well.
- Our Chickpeas raita is ready.
So what do you feel about this ? You feel its healthy?
Linking this recipe to Cooking with chickpeas food event and Priya's announcement page