Last week I came across fresh Corn at farmers market, In sheer temptation I bought it, Once back home I was thinking of a quick and easy recipe for corn, I remembered the Corn salad which my mother makes often.So here it is :) My Sweet Corn Salad which is simple yet delicious in taste, and very colorful.You can even use the frozen package of Kernel Corn.
- 3 Sweet Corn, Husked
- 1 medium size Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 cup - Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp - Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp - Chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Dry Roast the Cumin seeds In a pan on low heat.Stirring it till the aroma of the roasted cumin comes out and the cumin is well roasted.Now powder the seeds with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder. You can make more of the roasted cumin powder and store for future use. Can sprinkle on raita and chaats.
- Remove the corn seeds from the Cob by using a knife and boil it in enough water up to 1 whistle in pressure cooker.Till the corn seeds are soft .You can even boil it in a pot
- Wash Onion, Tomato, Cucumber and coriander leaves chop it all and keep it aside.
- In a salad bowl combine, sweet corn, tomato, onion,cucumber and coriander leaves.Add roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, chaat masala powder, lime juice and sprinkle some salt to taste.