Spinach , Corn , Cheese and toasted bread ..yummy that sounds delicious :) isn't it ?
The first time I had tasted Spinach Corn Sandwich was at CCD Mumbai and it was like wow!! , if you club it with cold coffee hmmm its just so awesome..Corn and Spinach are Powerhouse of dietary fibers and both the vegetables have loads of health benefits
I made this sandwich recently and have made it few times more after that .I skipped the cheese in it just to keep it healthy.
Things needed 2 cups of Spinach ,1/4th cup of Sweet corn and 2 cloves of Garlic
In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil and all the veggies and let it cook for on a slow flame for about 5-7 minutes.
Mix it well and add salt and freshly ground pepper to this mixture .and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes more.
Add Corn and Spinach mixture on a bread loaf a little shredded Cheese ( Optional I didn't add Cheese in my sandwich but still it tasted good. ) and toast it , when both sides of bread slices and slightly golden brown remove it from the pan and enjoy it.
Yummy healthy Spinach Corn Sandwich.
Recipe Details :-
- 2 cups of Spinach
- 1/4th cup of Sweet corn
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper
- Shredded Cheese ( Optional)
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 4 Slices of Whole Wheat bread
- In a pan add oil , once warm add garlic , corn and spinach , mix it well and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to this , mix it and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes more.
- Now take 4 slices of bread and spread this mixture evenly on it. Add cheese on top ( Optional).
- Toast this in a toaster or roast it on a pan by apply little amount of butter.
- Once both sides of bread are evenly toasted , take it off the pan and enjoy it with ketchup.