Paneer ( Indian cottage cheese ) is a high protein food , and there are numerous ways to cook it.I made this Paneer Bhurji last week which a combination of Paneer, Peas, Onion and Tomato , it was just so delicious.here is the recipe of it.
In a pan , add oil , once warm add cumin seeds.
Add Onion to this and let it cook till Onions become golden brown.
Add tomatoes, ginger and Green chili to this .Let it cook till Tomatoes becomes mushy.
Add all spices , Peas and 1 cup o water to this, close the lid of the pan and let it cook for about 8-9 minutes.
Once peas are cooked it will something like this.
Add crumbled Paneer to this and mix well.
Once cooked, granish the Paneer Bhurji with Cilantro.
Recipe Details :-
- 200 gm Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp crushed kasuri methi (optional)
- A few sprigs of coriander leaves/cilantro to garnish, chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup water
- Wash all the vegetables ( Onions, Tomatoes, Green chili and Coriander), chop it finely and keep it aside.
- If you are using fresh peas boil it till it becomes soft, in case you are using frozen peas you need not boil it .It can be used directly.
- Heat oil in a pan, once warm add cumin seeds and saute it for 1 min.
- Now add the onions, cook the onions till transparent.Add in the chopped ginger, green chili and tomatoes.Fry the tomatoes till it become mushy.
- Add turmeric, chili,garam masala and coriander powder to this, mix well.
- Add the peas along with 1 cup water.Cover the pan with the lid and cook the peas on a medium flame for 8-9 minutes.Keep on stirring in between so as to see that water hasn't dried up.
- Crumble the paneer in the meantime.
- Once the peas are done and the water has dried up, add the crumbled paneer.Mix well.
- Add the kasuri methi and salt.cook for 2 minutes or till the paneer gets cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.Serve hot with rotis.