I tried Methi Paneer for the first time and results were fantastic.Methi is bitter but when combined with Paneer it balances the taste.It goes well with Chapatis / Rotis. I made the dry version of it but one can make it with gravy as well depending on taste.
You would need following vegetables :- A bunch of Methi leaves , 1 Onion finely chopped, 1 tomato finely chopped,2 green chili chopped, 1 tbsp of ginger and 2 cloves of garlic.
In a pan add oil, once heated add cumin and mustard seeds, saute it for a while then add ginger and garlic to it and cook it for about 1 min.
Now add onion and green chili to this and cook till onions become translucent.
Now add tomatoes to this and cook till tomatoes become soggy.
Now add methi leaves and salt and cook it with a cover lid for about 8-10 minutes.
Add coriander , chili and turmeric powder to this and mix well, finally add crumbled Paneer to this and mix it well , cook for about 2-3 min.Methi Paneer is ready.
Recipe Details :-
- 1 bunch of Methi Leaves or (1 cup Kasuri Methi)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green chili
- 1 tbsp of Ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 gm of Paneer ( Indian cottage Cheese)
- 1 tsp of tumeric powder
- 1 tsp of corainder powder
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Wash all the vegetables, Finely chop Onion , Tomato and Methi leaves, keep it aside.Chop Grren chili, garlic and Ginger.
- Take a pan/ wok , add 1 tbsp of oil , once warm add mustard and cumin seeds , then add ginger and garlic to this and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add Onion and Green chili to this, cook till Onions become translucent.
- Add tomatoes to this and cook till it becomes soggy ( about 5 min)
- Add Methi (or Kasuri Methi ) and salt to this mixture, mix it well .Cook it by closing with a lid for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add all the spices and mix it well.Now add crumbled Paneer to this mixture.Mix it well and cook for about 2 mins..
- Methi Paneer is ready.