Poha, made from flattened rice, is an easy-to-cook, nutritious snack. It is often eaten for breakfast or brunch.It is amongst the first few things I had learned to cook, one of my favorites.
Wash the poha and keep it aside.
take a pan Add oil , green chili, curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and groundnuts.
Add onions to the pan and cook till onions become golden brown.
Add spices and mix well.
and mix well.
Poha is ready to be served.
Recipe Details :-
- 2 cups poha (flattened rice)
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 8-10 groundnuts
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise (optional)
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 large/2medium potatoes quartered and sliced very thin (optional)
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Put the poha in a sieve and wash under running water for 2 minutes. Keep aside to drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, groundnuts and green chillies.Fry till the spluttering stops and then add the onion. Fry till soft and translucent, then add tomatoes.
- Drain the poha completely to remove all water and add it to the above mix. Add the turmeric powder and stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Cook for another minute. Turn off the fire. Pour lime juice over the poha and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve while hot.