I'm very fond of eggs , and I have it 3-4 times a week usually for breakfast. Today when I was thinking as to what I must have for breakfast my eyes fell on the green fresh broccoli and cut mushrooms which I had bought on Sunday , So I thought of making Mushroom & Broccoli Omelet.
I had seen the recipe for this on TV Show , I tweaked it a bit by skipping the cheese and adding little Ginger.It turned out good and its so filling as well.
Ingredients needed, 1 tbsp of Ginger, 3 tbsp of finely chopped Onions, 2 tbsp of chopped Broccoli and 2 tbsp of chopped Mushrooms.
Take a non stick cooking pan , spray oil and the veggies and little salt , cook it for about 7-8 minutes by constant stirring.
Once done , set it aside.
Take 2 eggs and whisk it a bowl add, salt , black pepper and 1/4th tsp of chili powder
In the same pan spray little oil and spread the egg , once cooked turn it upside down so that both sides are cooked evenly.
Take it in a plate and in one half of the Omelet , add the veggies , fold it and relish it with brown bread, and hot morning tea :)
Details of the Recipe
- 3 tbsp of chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp of chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of chopped broccoli
- 2 large Organic Eggs
- 1 tbsp of chopped ginger
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon of oil / Oil spray ( I have used an Olive oil Spray)
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.spray it with an oil spray / or use oil ,add onions , ginger ,saute for a minute,then add the mushrooms and broccoli.Season with salt.Once cooked set it aside.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs with salt, little pepper and red chili powder for few seconds until you see tiny bubbles.Season with salt and pepper.Drizzle little oil or use an oil spray , Pour in the egg mixture. Let the eggs set before flipping that takes about 2 minutes. Flip and let cook for another minute..
- Set on the serving plate,arrange the cooked veggies on one half and fold.Serve with brown bread, ketchup and a hot morning tea.