Rawa Upma is a very popular Indian breakfast dish. It is a healthy breakfast snack. Many a times I make it as an evening snack too. Many vegetables added to it as per your choice like Onions, beans, carrots, peas, potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum etc. and its quick and easy to make.
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chili finle chopped
- A few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 7-8 raisins (Optional)
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Dry roast the rawa in a pan until it turns a light brown , Keep on stirring it else it might get burnt, set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. When the dal turns golden brown and the mustard seeds splutter, add the onions, green chili,cook for Fry for 4-5 mins until the onions turns golden brown.
- Now add Tomatoes and mix well. Add salt and Turmeric powder and mix well. Add the roasted Rawa little at a time, stirring it continuously to avoid lumps. Continue to cook and stir for another 5 mins.
- Now add about 2 cups of water and let it cook, till water dries up.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and add lime juice,serve it hot.