Moong Dal with Tomato and onions is very tasty and healthy recipe.This Dal is quite famous in north India.
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups of water.
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash the dal.
- In a pressure cooker add dal, water, salt and turmeric mix it well and cook for about 2 whistles.
- Take a pan, add oil , once heated add curry leaves, green chili,ginger and garlic and saute it for about 2 mins.
- Add Onion and Tomatoes to the mixture in pan and cook it for about 5-7 mins.
- Once Dal is cooked add Onion , Tomato mixture to it and serve it hot.