I've so many posts sitting in my drafts section about all the cooking I've been doing and the sweets I made during Diwali will try and post it all soon :)
Well this post is on Green Moong dal dosa which I made few days back.Dosas are thin pancakes made from various batters.Moong dal dosa is a substitute for the dosas which we usually get in various Indian restaurants.I've added more dal and less of rice in this just to make it more healthy, one more advantage of adding more dal is that it won't stick to pan while cooking ( tip from my mom )
- 2 cups of Green Moong Dal ( Split or Whole)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- oil for cooking
- Wash the dal and rice in water several times, until the water appears clear.
- Soak it overnight by adding 3 cups of water.
- Blend dal,rice,coriander leaves, chili and salt in a blender making sure the consistency of batter is correct ( It should not be very tick nor too watery)
- Use a non-stick flat skillet and place it on medium heat
- once heated , spread little oil on the surface of pan.
- Next pour about 1/2 cup of batter over center of the skillet and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Starting from the center, spiral outwards until it is evenly spread, about 7inches in diameter.
- When batter start drying , put 1 teaspoon of oil and spread over gently using a flat spatula.
- Wait about 30 seconds flip dosa with a spatula, just as you would a pancake.
- Let the other side of the dosa cook for about one minute, or until golden-brown in color.
- Our dosa is done, serve it with chutney or ketchup