I bought one ripe Avocado from an Indian grocery store yesterday.Other day when I had visited a Mexican restaurant they served this Dip called as guacamole which was very tasty, so I thought of making something similar,while on my lookout for a Avocado Dip recipe on the internet I came across an Indian version of it and tried it.The result was good the Avocado Chutney came out to be real tasty and it is with that Indian spicy zing :)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 large onion
- 5-6 green chili
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup Cilantro/coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Prep the Avocado - Halve and pit the avocado . Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon if it is ripe , if not peel the avocado after removing the seed and the chop it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan,a dd chopped avocado, onions, curry leaves and green chili, cook it till the onion pieces turn translucent.
- Grind this in a blender along with chopped cilantro, lemon juice, salt and a little water to make a thick paste.
- Serve with any of the Indian savory snacks, dosa, idly or roti.