I wanted to make something for Shivam so that he can take it for lunch, I remembered about Onion Partha having had it so many times and yes it was always mom who made it.I wanted to give it a try myself and result wasan't bad :)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp of asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl, add water and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into medium round thick size paratha.
- Heat the pan and shallow fry each paratha using little oil and cook on both the sides till it is golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.