Oats Upma is a very easy recipe and can be had for breakfast or as a light snack.When I tried Oats Upma for the first time, I wasn’t expecting it to come out too well and taste too good. It is easy for the whole Upma mixture to become soggy, soft and tasting bad if care is not taken to see the whole preparation receives the right amount of water when heating in the pan and while roasting the oats.It should be stirred continuously when you are roasting the Oats.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 medium capsicum finely chopped
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- 2 Green chili
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Take a wok/pan Fry oats, dry roast the oats for about 5 min on a low flame, till you get a nice aroma of oats.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard and cumin seeds, Once it splutters, add green chili and curry leaves and saute it for about 2 mins.
- Add onion and salt and let it cook for about 5 -7 mins , till it turns golden brown.
- Add capsicum and tomato to this and let it cook till all veggies become tender.
- Add oats to this and stir it well, add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for about 5 mins by covering it with a lid
- Serve oats upma with a dash of lime.garnis it with freshly chopped corainder leaves.