- 1 small cup moong dal/split yellow dal
- 2 cups chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water, approx
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp of heeng
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water, moong dal, palak, salt and turmeric and pressure cook up to 2 whistles.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel, add cumin seeds and as they splutter, add hing and stir fry for few seconds. Add ginger-green chili paste and saute for 3-4 mins.then add garlic to this mixture
- Add the pressure cooked dal along, add about 1/2 cup of more water if required.
- Serve with rotis or white rice.