I made this wonderful Cabbage Pulav today and it turned out real good. Here is the recipe for it.
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into small cubes
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 5-6 raisins
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 4 whole pepper
- 2 finely crushed cardamon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Take a pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, once its hot add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, green chili, cloves, cinnamon, whole pepper, bay leaf stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Add finely chopped onion, cook it for about 7-10 min till it gets little pink in color
- Add cabbage, bell pepper and carrot , stir it well and let it cook for about 20 min on a low flame.Cover it with a lid.
- In a cooker add 1 tablespoon of oil add raisins and cardamom and stir it for about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of rice to it and cook it for about 3-4 minutes
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and salt as per taste and cook it for about 1 whistle.
- Once rice is cooked, add it to the veggies in the pan and stir it lightly to mix all ingredients.
- Our Cabbage pulao is ready.