I was of bored having bread everyday so I thought of making this quick and easy recipe made of bread and veggies its tasty as well as healthy.
- 4 slices of brown bread sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of veggies boiled ( corn, french beans,carrot, peas)
- 1 bell pepper..finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a pan dry roast the bread pieces for about 5-7 minutes once they are cooked a bit, keep it aside.
- Take oil in a pan, once heated a bit , add cumin ,mustard, curry leaves and green chili and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion to this and cook it by adding salt till it turns pink.
- Add tomatoes and bell pepper to this mixture. Cook it for about 2 minutes and then add turmeric powder.
- Add boiled veggies to this mixture, cook it on a slow flame by covering it with a lid for about 10 minutes till all veggies are cooked.
- Now add bread pieces to this and stir it well.
- Add a dash of lime and serve it hot.