I was thinking of making something different with eggplant today and my mom told me this recipe which was new to me and hence I tried it. It came out good .Here goes the recipe for it.
- 4 Small eggplant
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp of curd
- 1 tbsp of gram flour
- freshly chopped coriander for garnish
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch cubes , apply salt to it and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour
- In a bowl take curd add 1/4 tbsp of turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of gram flour mix it well and keep it aside
- Take a pan , add oil to it then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chili , ginger and garlic to it and cook It for about 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Add onions to pan and cook it for about 5-7 minutes till it becomes translucent
- Wash the salt coated eggplant and transfer it to the pan , mix it well and cook it for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the curd, gram flour an turmeric mixture to the pan and mix it well.
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and salt to this mixture, cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame by covering it with a lid till eggplant is cooked.if you want you can add little water to this so that eggplant can be cooked faster
- Once eggplant is cooked turn off the flame and garnish it with freshly chopped coriander.