Suji Ka halwa is very popular dish among all Indians, this is simplest and easy dessert one can make for any occasion and moreover the ingredients required to make it are all so easily available in our house .so here is the recipe for it.
- 1 Cup Rawa/Suji ( Semolina)
- 2 1/2 water or milk
- 1/2 cup Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 - 5 Almonds
- 7-8 Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- Soak almonds in 1/2 cup water and keep it aside.
- Take a Kadhai (Wok), add Suji to it and roast it for about 10 mins on a low flame till it gets little brown, keep on stirring it continuously else Suji will burn.
- Now add Ghee, sugar, cardamom powder and raisins to it.
- Roast the Suji till it turns light golden in colour and one can smell the aroma of the roasted suji.
- Once the suji is roasted add milk/water to it , and keep on stirring it on a low flame. See to it no lumps are formed while mixing suji and milk.
- Keep on stirring the mixture till you get a thick halwa like consistency.
- Now peel the cover of water soaked almonds and chop it to pieces.
- Garnish Suji halwa with chopped almonds and serve it hot.