I always hated Pumpkin as a child but when my mother told me about this recipe I gave it a try and liked it so much probably even you can try it and see how it comes , hopefully you mite like it as well :)
- 500 gms Kasiphal ( Pumpkin)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chooped green chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 7 -8 grains of Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds ( rye)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Asafetida[heeng]
- 1 tsp of Amchoor powder
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Wash Pumpkin properly and peel of its skin and chop it into an inch sized cubes.Chop onion length wise and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadahi over medium-high heat, add fenugreek seeds, asafetida, cumin seeds,
- mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add green chilies an onion to this and cook it on a low flame till onion turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric and coriander powder, stir it and now add pumpkin,
- Add salt to this, cover it and cook over low heat until tender and all moisture is absorbed.
- Now add amchoor powder, stir and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve.