Indian recipe usually takes lot of time because of the initial preparation involved in making masala or gravy.Its commonly used in many of Indian curry like Rajma, Chole, Palak Paneer and so on.
I was talking to my mom other day and she told me this simple quick technique to make the gravy and refrigerate it which would save lot of time while making curries later on
- 4 Onions
- 4 Tomatoes
- 5-6 Green chili
- 7-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 table spoon finely grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash all the vegetables well .Cut Onions, tomatoes, green chili, garlic and grind it in a mixer.
- You can as well grate it if you don't want to grind it.
- Add grated ginger to this mixture.
- Now take a pan add oil, once it heated a bit add cumin seeds to it, then all the grinded mixture to this and stir it well for about 2 minutes on a high flame.
- Now cook this mixture for about 25 to 30 mins on a low flame by constantly stirring it between.
- Once done cool it off and refrigerate it.
- This can used for a week.