Capsicum in tangy tomato gravy tastes just awesome, I've added ketchup to this to make it little sweet.
- 2 large green capsicums/bell peppers
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup (optional)
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, Add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and mustard seeds, saute for about 2 mins.
- Add chopped onions and cook till it turns golden brown.Add salt to this mixture.
- Add the chopped capsicums and tomatoes and stir it well.Now add chili powder and coriander powder, stir it well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water and tomato ketchup, cook for approx 10-12 mins with lid on low to medium flame. Allow the gravy to thicken.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.Serve with rice or rotis