Tomato Soup is a wonderful and its ready in a jiffy and acts as a lovely side-dish or appetizer. I learnt this from my mom and had been having it since childhood, hope you all give it a try and like it as well.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 capsicum or bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut Tomatoes, Carrot and Capsicum into small cubes, Remove the skin of Apple and cut into small cubes.
- In a pressure cooker add all of above vegetables and fruit and mix it with 2 cups of water and boil it for about 3 whistles.
- Keep it aside when done.
- In a pan add 1 table spoon of oil, cumin seeds, finely chopped garlic cloves and grated onion and stir it for about 2 minutes.
- To this add our boiled vegetables and mix it well.
- Add salt and pepper to this mixture.
- Cook it on a slow by covering for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with Fresh Cilantro.
- Our Tomato soup is ready.