I made this cauliflower dry curry and it came out really good. The blend of ginger, garlic, cumin add flavor to the cauliflower and makes it so tasty. Here is the output of the dish that I tried.I hope you like it too.
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- 3-4 garlic flakes finely grounded
- 1 tbsp ginger finely grounded
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 2 big tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp of ketchup (optional)
- 1/4 glass water
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the blanched florets and stir fry for 4-5 mins continuosly till you get a light golden color.Remove and keep aside.
- In the same vessel add 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds, garlic and ginger and fry for 10-15 seconds.Now add the chopped onions and fry till they are golden brown in color
- Add the tomatoes and cook till for about 5 minutes by covering it with a lid.
- Add salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chili powder to this mixture, cook it for about 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add cauliflower florets to this and stir it well now add 1/4 glass of boiled water and ketchup (optional) .Let it cook for about 10 minutes on a low flame by covering it with a lid.Do stir it in between.
- Add garam masala and cook till you get the desired gravy consistency.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.