This is a lovely simple dish to eat alongside some plain boiled rice or chapati.
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric
- salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon of jagerry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Heat the oil in a pan, add green chilli, garlic, ginger, bay leaf and cinamon saute it for a minute.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds to this mixture, fry it for a minute.
- To this add curry leaves and tomatoes and stir it for about 5 minutes.
- Add half cup of water, turmeric and salt.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 20 mins until tomatoes have turned all pulpy.
- Add jaggery to this mixture.
- Cook it for 5 mins and keep on stirring it in between.