Today's post is an Authentic Punjabi Kadhi recipe / Punjabi Kadhi Pakora recipe which i learnt from my Mother. It is a classic dish where the yogurt is spiced with chillies, ginger and coriander and simmered in a delicious pakora. I like it with steamed white rice and it’s my husband’s favorite :) so I tend to make it quite often. Hope you all like the recipe .
- Gram flour (besan) 3/4 cup
- Onion , finely chopped 1 medium
- Ginger, grated 1 inch piece
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 teaspoon
- 1 green chilli finel chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Gram flour (besan) 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tablespoons
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped
- Ginger, chopped 1/2 inch piece
- 2 bay leaf
- Mix all the ingredients for pakora, except oil, adding about half a cup of water
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, drop small portions of the besan mixture and deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain and place on an absorbent paper and set aside.
- For kadhi, beat the yogurt well add besan, turmeric powder, salt, fenugreek seeds and 3 cups of water and keep it for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in pan, add bay leaf, cumin seeds and green chilli Stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add ginger and stir-fry for a minute. Add yogurt mixture.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fried pakoras and continue to simmer for four to five minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice.