Palak paratha recipe is a healthy variation of paratha.It is made with fresh Spinach leaves and whole wheat flour
and can be served with curry, pickle or fresh yogurt.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Fresh spinach leaves finely chopped - 2 cups.
- oil or melted butter
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Green chili - 1 finely chopped
- asafotedia powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoon
- water for forming dough.
- ginger finely chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Wash Spinach leaves and chop it finely.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt,chopped spinach leaves,Cumin powder, green chili, asafotedia powder, 1 tablespoon of oil and Lemon juice.
- Add water little by little and from dough. Knead well, Cover and leave aside for 10 minutes
- Knead again and then make 6 round balls.
- Take each ball, dip in dry flour. Sprinkle a little flour on the board. Place the dough ball on it and roll out into a thick round.
- Heat girdle. Put the round on it. Cook for 5-8 seconds. turn again. apply little oil.
- Cook on both the sides adding a little oil. Both the sides should have brown spots on them.
- Serve hot with any curry,pickle or yogurt.