This is a tasty and healthy recipe using dalia or broken wheat.This is a nutritious form of eating wheat as it is not refined and does not loose out on any of the nutrients that are present in whole wheat. It is a good source of the daily requirement of fiber and manganese in your food.
- Broken Wheat Rava or Dalia- 1 cup
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled peas
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chooped
- Salt- to taste
- 1/2 table spoon turmeric powder.
- water 3 cups
- In a pressure cooker add 1 tablespoon of Ghee and add dalia and roast it for 5 minutes, then add 3 cups of water.Cook it for about three whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green Chilli and curry leave, cook it for about 1 minute.
- Add onion and fry till golden brown, now add turmeric powder and salt to this mixture.
- Add chopped tomatoes and boiled peas to this.
- Add the roasted Dalia to this and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Mix it well and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Dalia is ready.Serve hot and enjoy.