Tendli Sabzi Recipe Gujarati Style
Tendli is also called Tindora in Hindi.
Tendli is the Marathi and Konkani term.
In English it is known as Ivy Gourd or Gherkins
- 250 gms Tendli
- 1 large Onion
- 1 large potato
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder ( dried mango powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- Clean the tendlis in water. Then wipe then with the kitchen towl and chop the tendli lenghtwise into 4 pieces. Wash, peel, dice the potatoes and chop the onions length wise and cut the green chillies.
- Boil the tendli in pressure cooker by adding 1 cup water, after two whistles lower the flame and keep it for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the mustard seeds, when they pop add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chili and fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and let it turn light brown after that add sliced potatotes and keep on stirring it.
- Add all the dry powders along, fry for 2 minutes, stirring in between.Now add Tendli.
- Let it cook for 15 mins.
- Have this recipe with gujarati rotlis, or phulkas/chapatis. It goes well with plain parothas too.