Rajma is one of the most common dish made in North Indian households and it's one of my favorite as well.I had awesome time cooking and photographing it and yum yum the taste :) .I made this Rajma and was thinking its way too much for both of us but it was finished the very day.Here is the way I made it :)
- Red kidney beans (rajma), soaked overnight 1 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tablespoons or butter
- Onions, finely chopped 2 medium
- Ginger, chopped 1 inch piece
- Garlic, chopped 4 cloves finely chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped 4 medium
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Freshly cut Coriander
- 1 tsp of amchur / dry mango powder
- 8-9 cups of water
- 2-3 green chili finely chopped
- Wash the Kidney beans and it in water for good 8-9 hours.
- In a pressure cooker add kidney beans along with all veggies except for garam masala and amchur powder.
- Add water to it and mix it well.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and cook it for about 20-25 minutes on a medium flame.See if it is cooked else pressure cook it for more 8-10 minutes.
- Add amchur powder along with garam masala and let it cook on medium flame with open lid for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped Coriander and serve it hot with steamed rice.