Methi Carrot sabzi , is one of my favorites and have learnt this from my mom.It's actually a maharashtrian dish, having stayed in Mumbai we always had neighbors who were marathi, so mom learnt this from them.Following is the recipe for it.
- 1 cup Carrots- cut into cubes
- 1 cup Methi leaves-chopped
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion- finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies-finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic-finely chopped
- ¼ inch Ginger-finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan heat oil, add the cumin seeds and saute for 40 seconds until crackles.
- Add the onion, green chillies, garlic,ginger and saute for 2 minutes until onion turns to soft.
- Add the methi leaves and saute another 2-3 minutes.4.Add the carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt with 1 cup of water and stir well.
- Cover and cook over a slow flame for 10-12 minutes until all the water evaporates and the carrots become tender.