This one is simple gujrati recipe, Simple and delicious, it melts in mouth.
- 1 cup gramflour (besan)
- 3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- Salt To Taste
- A pinch Asafoetida
For seasoning :-
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients (except those for seasoning) and make a smooth paste.
- Heat it on a low flame, stirring constantly so that lumps do not form.
- Keep stirring till batter becomes thick. It will take approx 10 min. Taste the batter to see if the gram flour is cooked.
- Grease the flat surface ( a plate) and spread the mixture as thinly as possible with spatula while it is still hot.
- Let it cool a bit. (Approx 2-3 minutes)
- Slit the khandvi lengthwise. Carefully roll out each strip.
- For seasoning, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and Asafoetida Stir for 1 minute..
- Pour over the khandvi and serve garnished with coriander.